用户故事是敏捷开发中流行的需求表达手段，各种敏捷流派中都提倡将大型需求进行化整为零，减少颗粒度，提高灵活性，实现尽早交付价值和揭示风险。本文根据 @申导 多年敏捷实践经验，同时借鉴业内流行做法，整理出一套分解用户故事的模式，分享给大家。并且最后也给出了优秀的用户故事需要满足的3C特征及INVEST原则。
1.1. Take a thin slice through the workflow; or do beginning and end of the workflow first and then the middle of the flow. 先从工作流中剥离出薄薄的一层进行开发；或者先完成工作流的头尾部分，然后再完成中间步骤。
As an Amazon user, I can buy a book online so that I can buy book everywhere.
- As a Amazon user, I can search for a book so that I can buy it
- As a Amazon user, I can pick book into shopping cart so that I can pay for it later
- As a Amazon user, I can review my shopping cart so that I can change my mind
- As a Amazon user, I can check out shopping cart so that I can ask for delivery
- As a Amazon user, I can pay with PayPal so that I can easily transfer my money to Amazon
1.2. Split multiple operations in the story into separate stories. (e.g. story about managing or configuring or CRUD) 按照多个操作分离成不同的用户故事（例如，关于”管理”、”配置”或”CRUD”的故事）
As a iPhone user, I can manage my contacts so that I can keep in touch with my friends.
- As a iPhone user, I can browse my contacts so that I can see who are in my contacts
- As a iPhone user, I can delete a contact so that I can shorten the list
- As a iPhone user, I can create a contact so that I can remember my friend’s phone number
- As a iPhone user, I can edit my contacts so that I can remember my friend’s new phone number
- As a iPhone user, I can share my contacts so that others can get this information easily
1.3. Do a subset of the business rules first and enhance with additional rules later. (e.g. a domain term in the story like flexible dates that suggest several variations?) 先完成业务规则的一部分，然后再进一步增添其他规则（例如，包含的领域术语”弹性日期”的故事暗示着多种变化）
As a Aeroplane Chess player, I can move my spawn in order to play
- As a Aeroplane Chess player, I can only start moving my spawn when roll a 6
- As a Aeroplane Chess player, I can move my spawn according to the roll
- As a Aeroplane Chess player, I can move my spawn thru shortcut when it stop at the teleporter
- As a Aeroplane Chess player, I should move my spawn backward when meet the end point
As a JIRA admin, I can see permission of all users
- As a JIRA admin, I can see permission of individual so that I can join him to a project
- As a JIRA admin, I can see permission of project member so that I can ensure proper authorization for projects
- As a JIRA admin, I can see visitor permission so that I can release temporary access in time
1.4. Process one kind of data first and then the other variations later with same operations. 先处理一类数据，然后再处理基于相同操作的其他类型的数据。
As a online banking user, I want to transfer my money so that I can make transactions everywhere
- As a online bank user, I can transfer money to my own accounts
- As a online bank user, I can transfer money to other bank account
- As a online bank user, I can make international transfer
- As a online bank user, I can pay bills
1.5. Handle data from one I/O channel first and enhance with the others that handle the same kind of data later. 先处理来自某一个渠道的数据，然后再关注处理同类数据的其他渠道。
As a citizen, I can view PM2.5 rating from all the data publishers so that I can get an average assessment.
- As a citizen, I can view PM2.5 rating from U.S. Embassy.
- As a citizen, I can view PM2.5 rating from National Meteorological Centre.
1.6. Split for different roles. 按照不同的角色来分解。
As a WebEx user, I can schedule a meeting so that I can connect to my colleagues
- As a mobile WebEx user, I can schedule a meeting with iPhone so that I can take a walk during the meeting
- As a desktop WebEx user, I can schedule a meeting with desktop browser so that I can get full features of a meeting
As a user, I can login to the online store
- As consumer user, I can login to go shopping.
- As admin user, I can login to manage the big data.
1.7. Strip low priority from high priority. 将低优先级与高优先级需求分离。
As a user, I’m required to log into the system so that I can access the system.
- As a user, I can login into system with correct username and password so that I can access the system
- As a user, I want to be frozen access for logging in with invalid password three times.
- As a frozen user, I want to be sent an email notifying a malicious attempt was made.
2.1. Make it work first and cross-cutting concerns to reduce the complexity. Such as Performance, Conceptual Integrity, Reusability, Availability, Interoperability, Manageability, Scalability, Security, Supportability, Testability, Usability, Maintainability, Auditability and Reliability. 使软件先工作起来，推迟跨领域的关注点，包括性能、概念完整性、可重用性、可用性、互操作性、可管理性、可伸缩性、安全性、可支持性、可测性、易用性、可维护性、可审计性、可靠性。
[Performance] As a new user, I want to be able to login to the system and join the meeting quickly when I use it first time so that others don’t need to wait for me.
- As a new user, I want to be able to login to the system and join the meeting.
- As a new user, I should complete application downloading within 20 seconds.
[Manageability] As a privileged user, I can see restricted search results so that I can make sure information confidential
- As a privileged user, I can see all search results.
- As a privileged user, I can see restricted search results that authorized to me
[Security] As an online bank user, I want to add payee so that I can pay to it.
- As an online bank user, I want to get current payee list
- As an online bank user, I want to add a payee
- As an online bank user, I want to conduct RSA token authentication before adding a payee
[Security] As an attacker, I must not be able to inject SQL with malicious statement.
[Availability] As an operator, I want the system switch over automatically when alarm 1234 raised so that I can continue my business.
[Interoperability] As a user, I want to log in to system with my account.
- As a user, I can sign up to acquire an application account.
- As a user, I can login with my application account.
- As a user, I want to use OpenID as my user identity to login to system, so that I can use my existing accounts of OpenID service provider and don’t need register a new proprietary user account.
[Usability] As a user, I want to start a Webex meeting.
- As a user, I want to start a Webex meeting.
- As a user, I want to start a Webex meeting via a one-click-start tool.
3.1. Evolve architecture design. 进化架构设计
As a client, I can read data from data source.
- As a client, I can connect to JSON file to read data.
- As a client, I can connect to Mysql database to read data.
3.2. Bypass the real external systems first with dummy / fake / stub / mock. 利用仿制品/打桩等先绕过真实的外部系统
As a client, I want to integrated with PayPal interface so that to pay the bill
- As a client, I can pay via a fake PayPal interface that returns “successful”
- As a client, I can pay via a fake PayPal interface that returns “insufficient balance”
- As a client, I can pay via real PayPal interface
4.1. Separate simple/complex, do the core first that provides most of the value and/or learning and enhance it with later stories. 区分简单与复杂，先完成提供最多价值或知识的核心部分，以及解决最严重的阻碍，澄清需求和约束，然后再进一步完善。
As a user, I can search for game cards and see result grid in same screen.
- As a user, I can search cards with title and text and see total amount found so that I know searching is done
- As a user, I can see result grid so that I can see detailed result
- As a user, I can search with criteria including sets, types, houses, abilities so that I can make advanced searching
4.2. Setting up infrastructure component can be verified alone. 搭建基础设施组件的工作可以被独立验证。
I want to setup Weblogic environment in order to deploy backend services on that.
4.3. Can you do some trace bullet such as mockup / experiment / simulation / prototype to evaluate the new tool / framework / language/ algorithm within a time-box within a time-box to see what can be achieved? 你是否可以在时间盒内做些端到端的概念验证，比如模型/实验/模拟/原型等，来评估一下新工具、框架、语言、算法，并看看所取得的效果？
I want to do a POC with Robot Framework for automation test in 10 days, in order to see whether it suitable for current project and developers’ skills
I want to compare the pros and cons between Maven and Ant in 5 days, so that we can decide which to use in the coming project.
As a client, I want to connect to “component X” which is ported from legacy system to new system in order to keep the interface unchanged
- Collect all messages from/to “component X” monitored on legacy system to understand the behavior first
- Next step…
- Do each of the stories satisfies INVEST? 每个用户故事都符合INVEST吗？
- Are the new stories roughly equal in size? 新的故大小是否基本一致？
- Is each story about 1/10 to 1/6 of your velocity? 每个故事大小都在你的速率的1/10到1/6之间吗？
- Are there stories you can deprioritize or delete? 这些故事可以被丢弃吗？
- Is there an obvious story to start with that gets you early value, learning, risk mitigation, etc.? 哪个故事明显可以先开始，从而带给你早期价值、学习、缓解风险吗？
- Independent: The user story should be self-contained, in a way that there is no inherent dependency on another user story. 独立的：用户故事应该是独立的，没有对于其他用户故事的内在依赖。
- Negotiable: User stories, up until they are part of iteration, can always be changed and rewritten. 可协商的：用户故事在进入迭代之前，都可以进行变更和重写。
- Valuable: A user story must deliver value to the end user. 有价值的：用户故事必须向最终用户交付价值。
- Estimable: You must always be able to estimate the size of a user story. 可估算的：用户故事的大小必须总是可以估算的。
- Small: User stories should not be so big as to become impossible to plan/task/prioritize with a certain level of certainty. 尺寸小：用户故事不应该过大，以至于无法在一定的确定性下进行计划、分派和排列优先级。
- Testable: The user story or its related description must provide the necessary information to make test development possible. 可测试的：用户故事及其相关的描述必须提供必要信息，允许对开发进行测试。
- Card: stories are traditionally written on note cards, and these cards can be annotated with extra details. 卡片：习惯上将故事写在便条卡片上，这些卡片可以标注额外的细节。
- Conversation: details behind the story come out through conversations with the Product Owner. 交谈：与产品负责人的交谈中产生故事背后的细节。
- Confirmation: acceptance tests confirm the story is finished and working as intended. 确认：使用验收测试来确认故事的完成和符合工作要求。